- Leverage our alumni and parent networks, campus partners, career center, and schools to increase opportunity the industry
- Build relationships within industry companies and organizations
- Mentor students and alumni
- Expand opportunities for internships and employment for current students and young alumni
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Highlight alumni and parent businesses and recognize entertainment industry leaders
Want to get involved?
Volunteers are vital to the success of WashU’s professional networks. There are many ways you can share your knowledge and experience with others and help support alumni, current students, and the WashU community.
Stay in the know
All alumni in the area should receive notices of events, but we can’t send them to you if we don’t know where you are! Update your alumni profile to stay connected.
Networks often host career networking and professional development events to help alumni and parents make new connections and explore career interests. The WashU Entertainment Network is currently offering events in Los Angeles and New York City. HollyWU will continue to host one virtual networking event annually, open to all.
Upcoming Network Events
In July, 2020, Clarissa Weirick, WashU parent and retired general counsel of the NBCUniversal Filmed Entertainment Group, was interviewed by network volunteer Ellen Eichner, JD ’15, in a virtual event hosted by the WashU Entertainment Network and the Washington University Alumni Association. Clarissa discussed digital marketing and distribution from an entertainment law perspective. She has worked in digital distribution since 2001 and has negotiated distribution deals with Apple, Amazon, and Netflix during her tenure with Warner Bros.