Thank you for visiting one of Washington University Advancement’s websites (alumni.wustl.edu, giving.wustl.edu, and advancement.wustl.edu). The privacy of university alumni, friends, faculty, and students and their parents is important to us.
By using this website, visitors signify that they have reviewed and agree to the following terms and conditions of use.
- The purpose of the University Advancement website (hereafter termed “website”) of Washington University in St. Louis (“Washington University” or “the university), at alumni.wustl.edu, is to inform, engage and encourage the involvement and support of site visitors (“users”), i.e., Washington University alumni, friends, faculty, and enrolled students and their parents (“university community”).
- The majority of the website pages are available to the public with no registration required. All of the terms and conditions apply to all website pages regardless of whether registration is required.
- For certain sections of the website, the website employs a secure registration system and login area whereby members of the Washington University community are granted different levels of access depending upon their registered-user category (e.g., alumni, parents, students, volunteers). Permissions vary as to levels of access to the online university Alumni Directory (“Directory”) or, when relevant, to the ability to view certain otherwise restricted pages (e.g., volunteer manuals, event registration lists). The purpose of the Alumni Directory is to facilitate communication among university alumni and within the university community. Registered site users also may elect to provide secure information that, for the user’s convenience, will reappear on web-based forms whenever he or she registers for a university-sponsored event.
- Enrolled Washington University students have access to the website and have limited access to the Alumni Directory. For the purposes of networking, students may obtain Alumni Directory information for only those alumni and parents who have elected to be accessible through student searches. Parents of current university students may choose to create directory profiles to facilitate event registration (see 3. above), but they cannot access or search other profiles. Parents of current university students may also elect to allow students to access their directory profile for networking purposes.
- Information in the website Alumni Directory contains information from university records and as provided by individual alumni for their own records. This includes, but is not limited to, name; major(s) at Washington University; degree(s) earned at the university and the graduation year(s); telephone number(s); email address(es); professional history; and alumni activities. Alumni can choose to suppress publication of their information on a field-by-field basis, with limited exceptions. Alumni Directory information is available to other alumni who have secure access to the site. By default, alumni information is unavailable to students, but alumni may choose to have their profiles appear in student searches (see 4. above).
Alumni may request to be omitted from the Alumni Directory by contacting Alumni & Constituent Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-988-7477.
- Washington University in St. Louis prohibits use of this website for any purpose other than for those purposes provided herein. All other uses are prohibited including, without limitation, (a) activities that are illegal (e.g. are fraudulent or violate copyright or other laws); (b) uses that inaccurately imply endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by Washington University (or by any individual employee of the university); (c) use that can be confused with official communications of Washington University (or any individual employee of the university); (d) use that can be confused with official communications of university clubs or their officers; (e) use that circumvents university policies and procedures for soliciting or contacting groups of alumni; (f) use that violates Washington University policies and procedures (e.g., information about Washington University alumni may not be used for non-Washington University purposes, may not be used by organizations not affiliated with Washington University and may not be used in conjunction with any commercial purposes); and (g) mass mailings, faxes or emails (sometimes termed spamming).
Washington University retains the sole discretion to deny or discontinue access to all or any portions of this website at any time without notice or explanation.
- Cookies are used to store active login sessions to allow visitors to move between public and secure login areas without repeated logins during a given session. Cookies are further used to gather aggregate data that will lead to improved services in the future. Washington University does not disclose information about any individual’s use of this site to any third parties, unless legally required to do so.
- This website exists expressly for the convenience and use of Washington University alumni, enrolled Washington University students, parents of Washington University students, and friends of Washington University.
- Washington University makes no warranty or representation of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, concerning any services, information, products, activities and/or intellectual property rights under or related to this website, including without limitation whether this website is free of any viruses or other harmful components or adverse attributes. Your use of this website is at your own risk.
Furthermore, Washington University and any of its respective officers, employees, representatives, volunteers or contractors shall not be liable for any direct or for any indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive, treble or other special or indirect losses, damages and/or lost profits arising out of the use or misuse of this website and/or the information or services under or related to it, regardless of the basis of any claim or the knowledge of Washington University.
- By clicking on “Create an Account” when registering or continuing registration on this site, you indicate your agreement with the terms of this policy and (a) to use the information on this site only to communicate with other Washington University alumni or other registered user in a manner that complies with this Terms and Conditions of Use; (b) not to use any information from this site that is not otherwise publicly available for any purpose not directly connected with or approved by Washington University; (c) not to disclose any information from this site that is not otherwise publicly available to anyone or for any purpose other than to Washington University, an individual who is registered on this site or representing Washington University and for purposes that appear to comply with this policy; (d) to keep the unique password to the Directory private; and (e) not to sell, lease, trade or otherwise transfer this information to any individual or organization. Washington University uses the information on this site for Washington University purposes and in compliance with Washington University’s policies and procedures.
- By clicking on “Create an Account” you also consent to (i) the collection, processing, use and disclosure of the information about you described in this Terms and Conditions of Use for the purposes and by and to the individuals and organizations described in this Terms and Conditions of Use, and (ii) if you are a citizen or resident of a European Union (E.U.) or other country that has a personal data protection law or similar law or regulation, you also consent to the transfer of such personal data about you that are received in the United States or other locales from such E.U. or other country, and in addition you understand and consent that such information about you on this site may be sent or accessed anywhere in the world consistent with the terms of this Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The contents of this website are protected under U.S. copyright laws.
- Washington University personnel will have access to all information on this site for purposes of site updates and maintenance, event organization and other university-approved responsibilities.
- The terms and conditions governing this website and the services the site provides may be changed without advance notice to the user. Washington University Advancement reserves all rights to change or discontinue any aspect of the site at any time.
- If you have a question related to these Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact email@example.com.
Updated February 14, 2020