The DANS network was founded by Judge William H. Webster, JD ’49, former director of the CIA and FBI; John Gannon, MA ’72, PhD ’76, retired president of the Intelligence and Security Sector at BAE Systems, former Deputy Director for Intelligence (DDI) at CIA, chairman of the National Intelligence Council and assistant director of Central Intelligence for Analysis and Production; Jim Wrightson, MBA ’78, former vice president of strategic planning at Lockheed Martin Corporation; and Wes Bush, chairman and CEO of Northrop Grumman and former WashU parent.
- Leverage our alumni and parent networks, campus partners, career center, and schools to increase knowledge and opportunity in this field
- Build relationships within industry companies and organizations
- Mentor students and alumni
- Expand opportunities for internships and employment for current students and young alumni
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Highlight alumni and parent businesses and recognize leaders in the field
Want to get involved?
Volunteers are vital to the success of WashU’s professional networks. There are many ways you can share your knowledge and experience with others and help support alumni, current students, and the WashU community.
Stay in the know
All alumni in the area should receive notices of events, but we can’t send them to you if we don’t know where you are! Update your alumni profile to stay connected.
Networks often host career networking and professional development events to help alumni and parents make new connections and explore career interests. In addition to occasional virtual events, the WashU DANS Network offers periodic in-person events in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and Seattle.
Upcoming Network Events
Previous network events
Innovation in the DoD, featuring Jake Laktas, Washington University Program Director, National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) – October 2020
U.S. National Security Priorities in a Dangerous World, featuring Judge William H. Webster, JD ’49, and John Gannon, MA ’72, PhD ’76 – April 2018